Monday, February 23, 2009

A Wonderful Evening

My church has just started it's first Christ Care group, they can be made up of 6 to 12 people. I would describe it as a Christian group that both shares their struggles and supports the others in theirs. The meetings are designed by the same person who started the Stephens Ministry, if I am remembering correctly. They are designed with a great structure and purpose. We also discuss the Bible & it's stories which can be easily seen in our daily lives. For those of you who know me well, you will recognize how this is a perfect fit for me. I felt very much at home in this group & I am looking forward to getting to know 11 other ladies from my church helping me turn this large church and my anonymity into a small church family like the one I group up in and have been searching for the last 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment