Sunday, February 15, 2009

Daily Reflection

I'm finding my daily reflections a little difficult partly because I have chosen a very public venue for them, on the other hand it is my blog. I went searching the internet. After a couple of clicks, I decided to go to the website for The Lutheran Church, LCMS.

Under Daily Devotion, I found the following verse "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33 KJV) Somebody in heaven is with me, because this is the verse that was given to me by my pastor when I was confirmed in Junior High School.

I also found a story about a couple on a Caribbean Cruise, who brought their own food, "junk" food, to eat instead of eating on the ship. On their last day, they found that the food was actually provided in their cost of the trip!

Life is more than things. We enjoy all the material blessings of life—TV, CD's, and hobbies. But such things cannot bring real happiness. It's not that we can't have and enjoy these things, it is more that we have a balance, that we not forget and rejoice in the hope that God gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment