Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Open House Dinner Party

Every year Stampin' Up! brings out a new catalog with lots of new toys to create with.  I love sharing them with my friends/customers so every year I go all out with decorations, treats, displays, and a fun evening.  One of them is the 5 new colors, available for 2 years only, that Stampin' Up! introduces. This year the new colors are Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron & Tip Top Taupe.  With colors like these, who wouldn't think of food?  This year was my first ever dinner party and I have a few photos to share with you.  The theme I chose for this year's party was Vintage Garden Party.


My Menu -

Light Salmon Salad Sandwiches with Delightful Dijon
Cucumber Crush Salad 
Mini Watermelon Wonder Slices
Mint Macarons
Iced Tea


In this photo you'll see my menu card for my guests to see before dinner was served.
In the background you will see a mini bonnet & flower pot.  I was unable to do as much decorating on them as I had wanted to so I invited the girls to come back & I will show them how to make the paper flowers that I had planned on using.  I'll show you those photos later.  The flower pot needed a couple more accessories, photos later.


At the top of the photo are hand-stamped gift bags.  I'll post a close-up later.


These glass milk jars are so cute.  I decorated them with Soft Suede Cardstock and lace.  The paper straws, from Michaels, were a perfect match for the Mini Macarons. 


I took a Hershey's candy bar and wrapped with Soft Suede Cardstock, lace & Gold Sequin Trim.


Instead of after dinner mints I had vanilla and watermelon salt-water taffy.


No comments:

Post a Comment