Sunday, March 22, 2009

Daily Reflection


It has been an amazing week of learning for me! From Sunday School to Bible School to Confirmation to now, I have been taught the "circle of life." God gave us life, & he takes it away. What I was missing is that God is acutally full of sorrow when we die! Wow.

Did you know that the symbol for practicing medicine - a snake wrapped around a pole, is from the Gospel, Numbers 21? People had sinned and their punishment was to be bitten by serpents. They turned to God for mercy, and in love, God made a way for them to be forgiven and healed - by gazing on the elevated serpent.

Our country is based on God and the Gospel. There are so many ways that I don't even know about. I am just amazed that we have people who are getting the prayer taken out of the schools and their activities. I hope that we can turn this around.

Another discovery for me this week - in prayer, we ask God for help. We don't always get what we want, though. What I didn't know, is that we should also practice silence. In silence, we wait for God to answer us. This week, in moments of silence at Lent Service, God answered my prayer.

I can now see how sick I have been. Pastor says I have been brutal on my self, not even brutal, he says, but explosively brutal. That is what my depression has been like. My thought process was either black or white. There was no gray areas, which is totally opposite of life. I must have been pretty difficult to deal with. I can see now that it is difficult to be happy when you are like that.

I am blessed to belong to a church that believes that the Gospel is all about healing and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment