Thursday, March 5, 2009

Daily Reflection

In my Christ Care group member guide, our next lesson discusses results-oriented vs. process-oriented communication. I found myself to be in the wrong category, the results-oriented. For example, in a conversation, I will focus on solving their problem, winning an argument, or converting a person. Many times I want others to follow my advice, which is wrong. Most of the time, I don't want someone else's advise when I didn't ask for it, so I should not be doing that to others. The other part of this situation is that I am frustrated & angry afterwards. I definitely need to work at listening. To get to where I want to be, I will need to focus my attention on the moment-to-moment interaction of the relationship - on the process of caring. By working on listening more attentively & praying for them, I will have enough to keep me busy.

How's that for my daily examen?

No comments:

Post a Comment