Monday, March 2, 2009

Daily Reflection

I've been sick for a few days now with a cold/sinus infection, I'm exhausted from sneezing!

I thought I would work on the question "what do I really want for myself." I can't come up with an answer, but it does remind me of a support group I was in at the VA for Vietnam Vets Wives/Significant Others. What I found we all had in common was that our focus, energies, etc. was on the Veteran in our homes, so when we were asked "what do we need" we were stunned, we became silent & thoughtful, but could not come up with an answer. I am experiencing this same feeling when I ask myself what do I want.

I'm not sure why I'm still here. I don't know how I manage to keep going & how I make it to the next day. My friend, Nancy, once told me "I've never seen anyone who tried so hard to overcome depression." I am, or have done, everything I know of, to get out of this hole. I hope that when I feel better, I will feel like doing something & and that will help me feel better.

1 comment: