Friday, March 6, 2015

Having a Whale of a Good Time

Yesterday I was watching Wyland on PBS, he's well known for his marine murals which led me to my card today.  I don't think I was even aware what inspired me till after I was done!  I decided to try CCMC345.  I knew that I wanted to use this paper from the Birthday Bash Collection and also wanted to add different colors that were not part of this collection.  Once I knew the colors, I started thinking about what the focal point would be and then the Whale Sizzlit came to me so I used Whisper White Cardstock to die cut it with.  It was a little too much white so I took my Sponge Dauber and started adding the colors that I had already decided on - Coastal Cabana and Night of Navy.  I then added Smoky Slate.  And then it hit me, I was being inspired by Wyland!  So fun!!!


 
CCMC345
 
Recipe:
Cardstock - Whisper White, Night of Navy, Real Red, Coastal Cabana
Ink - Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate
DSP - Birthday Bash
Cool Tools - 2-1/2", 1-3/4" Circle Punches, Big Shot, Whale Sizzlit, Large Polka Dot TIEF, Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker
Pretty Accessories - Real Red 1/4" Cotton Ribbon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment