Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Joy

I made this gift box for a customer recently and wanted to share it with you.  I was thrilled to learn that she loved it and then ordered supplies to make them for family and friends.  Such a compliment!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends.  In the coming days I hope to show you the Christmas cards I made this year.  This may be the first year I made each person a different card.  It was worth it.

**WARNING**  The next paragraph is all about me and the worst Christmas I have ever had!   So move on to the photo now, if you like.  I have tried to do everything that has been suggested to me to get thru this depression.  I take my medication.  I keep my counselling appointments.  I go to Church regularly.  All to no avail it seems.  There has been so much anger inside of me that I have ruined many relationships that were important to me.  But I keep trying.  Some are getting better, some are getting worse.  Nobody wants to be around such a negative person.  I get that.  Not one family member or friend called me on Christmas.  It just doesn't get any worse than that.  It's not that my family doesn't care for me and I have GREAT friends.  Christmas is a family holiday, so why would a friend think to call, why shouldn't they have a day to be happy and share it with their loved ones.   How can you be happy when you're living on pain pills.  How am I supposed to give up the one thing that makes me happy?  Depression is so lonely.  You get tired of hearing yourself.  You get so tired of being so sad that you just lie and fake a smile for others and then they think you are good.  Up until tonight, I had decided to skip the month of December for each year I have left.  I plan to have absolutely nothing to do with Christmas.  No TV or music associated with Christmas.  No cards or scrapbooking Christmas.  No gifts to buy or make.  Don't send them to me either.  No celebrations. No food that can be associated with Christmas.  

Then tonight I get a call from my sister-in-law letting me know that my nephew has gotten me a gift and she will try to get it in the mail Saturday.  When I got off the phone, I just cried and cried.  Thank you Quinn.  Thank you God.


Recipe -
Cardstock - Whisper White Thick, Shimmer White, Basic Black
Pretty Accessories - Metallic Doilies, Winter Wonderland Designer Washi Tape, Metal Rimmed Pearls
Cool Tools - Big Shot, Square Pillow Box Thinlits & Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies, Bigz Die Snowflake

No comments:

Post a Comment