Monday, June 8, 2015

A Flower For You

Hi everyone.  Did you have a good weekend?  It's amazing what I can/can't get done when there's nothing on TV to entertain me. Yesterday I noticed that while I was in my work room I didn't see all the things that needed to be done so today I brought my "to do" list with me and hopefully/prayerfully I can check some of them off.  Say a little prayer for me as Aretha Franklin would say.

I can't remember if I made this pretty flower yesterday or Saturday but once I got started it wasn't so bad.   Because this was my first flower, I kept putting it off as I knew it was going to challenging.  The petals and stamens are die cut from the Bouquet Bigz Die and glued together with my hot glue gun.  There is a vertical slit at the bottom of each petal that allows you to overlap the two sides.  I used the bone folder to break down the fibers of the cardstock to make them more pliable and curl the edges.  Hope it brings a smile to your face today!




Recipe:
Cardstock - Hello Honey, Mint Macaron
Cool Tools - Big Shot, Bouquet Bigz Die, hot glue gun and bone folder 


No comments:

Post a Comment