Friday, January 15, 2010

FYI

It's the start of a new year & it's so cold outside.  Why not take a couple of hours away from the tv or computer and make some All Occassion cards that will be ready to send at a moment's notice.  No need to hit the card store on your way home from work. 

First, pick a stamp set similar to FYI, select a piece of DSP and pull out matching cardstock.  Use the same color or a variety like I did.  However, this will take longer.  Use a simple sketch with maybe just 3 elements to it.  In my cards you'll see the FYI sentiment on a punched piece of cs, a button, and a scalloped edge. 

The scalloped edge is easy, I just used my 3/4" circle punch!  The card size is 3" x 5-1/2" ( I used 8-1/2" x 11" cs).  If you have 12" x 12", I would suggest making your cards 3" x 6".  That way you get the most out of your cs.  Our Small Open-End Envelopes are the perfect size for these. 

The verse on the inside is different on each one.  You can see a list of those below.  I'll show you the inside of just one of the cards.  I was getting tired at this point so my verses were not straight.  Oh well. 






Recipe:
DSP - Sweet Pea
CS - Taken With Teal, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Rose Red, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Rich Razzleberr, and Pretty in Pink
Punches - Curly Label, 3/4" Circle, 3/8" Corner Rounder, Scalloped Edge
Accessories - Dimensionals
Buttons - Fresh Favorites II, Clear
Classic Ink - Chocolate Chip


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment