Sunday, August 9, 2009

Good Friends

Yesterday, I received some bad news. Today, my friend Joyce called several times but I had left my cell phone in the car so didn't hear it. On the way to church, I found her message & called her back. She, & her Mom, invited me out to dinner & stamp afterwards. Normally, I would have declined, stayed home & entered back into my depression, but I said yes. I'm glad I did. We went to Red Robin, one of my favorite places to eat. Service wasn't so good, waiter having a bad night too, I guess. Joyce loves Asian artwork and has some beautiful stamps, so I really enjoyed playing with them tonight. I will show you those in the next couple of days.

The excitement of the night came as I was getting ready to go home. We were headed outdoors, Joyce was a couple of steps ahead of me. She had only taken a couple of steps when she uttered something & began to lose her balance at the same time. It was then that I noticed a snake about 3-1/2' long in her pathway! I thought I liked snakes, but I hid out in the house while her & Sue looked around for him. Finally, I decided I should be helping & stepped outdoors with them. Unfortunately, we didn't find him.

I just got a call from Joyce to tell me that Sue had taken one of the puppies out to potty & there he was - sprawled out on the concrete! She yelled at Joyce, "he's back!" Joyce hurried outside, but he had slithered away. He thought he was hid, but yes, you guessed it, he was located & then relocated!!! And they lived happily ever after. The end.

I love my life! Thanks for tonight's entertainment guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment