Friday, April 3, 2009

WOW

Wow, what a week! I'm back in the workforce and exhausted as I knew I would be. I thought I would share a little bit about this. I am working at the Topeka Rescue Mission with the kitchen staff. It is only for 3 weeks or 80 hours, whichever comes first.

I was relieved when I learned I would be working at the Mission. Even though the responsibilities are the same, it is different in the sense that I am not working for a "company." You have the added benefit of knowing that you are helping someone in need.

Just like the Veteran's Hospital, the Mission couldn't exist without it's volunteers. Many of those need it for basic survival.

I've learned that Topeka is a very giving community. Most of the food served is donated and appreciated.

I'm thankful that they exist so that I have a place to "ease" back in and that they have been so kind to me.

I hope you had a wonderful week, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment