Sunday, January 11, 2015

I've switched to Valentine mode! 

In the past several months I have strived to use stamps that I've never used or rarely used and this set is one of them.  I started with a color sketch challenge that included these 2 colors and Wisteria Wonder which is a lavender color.  There really wasn't a color contrast between the 3 colors and I quickly lost interest in that challenge.  I'm really excited about how my card came together!

Yesterday was such a great day for me.  My kitchen was mostly clean.  That's always good.  Do you struggle with keeping up with your dirty dishes?  If you don't, then my hat is off to you.

Because Friday night was our Stampin' Up! Demonstrator monthly meeting, I wasn't able to watch the playback of my nephew's hockey game, so I tuned into that yesterday.  The Internet Buffering I had been experiencing was so bad that I couldn't even watch the game, so I called my Internet Provider.  I was able to take advantage of a promo that let me increase my speed by 5x for only $5 more a month.  What a difference that made in viewing the game!!!  The game was so much more fun to watch.

Our opponent scored the first 3 points in the 1st period.  My heart just sunk.  I wasn't sure I would be able to finish watching the game so I switched over to Facebook to see the final score & saw that we won.  Hockey is a low scoring game and a 3 point advantage is difficult to beat.  To me that was just crazy so I went back to the game to check it out.

That game was just crazy fun to watch!  It was one of those games where your opponent is beating the crap out of you and something inside of you as player just kicks in and you become a player that is super focused, super determined.  You are skating faster.  You are more aggressive.  Your eyes are focused on the net and your shots are going in.

Quinn had a really good game and scored a goal.  There were 6 goals made between the 2 teams in Period 2!  They were just slammin 'em in!  And to top it off we won by 2, I think.  Great comeback guys!




 
Recipe:
 
Cardstock - Night of Navy, Brushed Silver, Whisper White
DSP - Regals
Ink - Night of Navy
Cool Tools - Big Shot, Hearts Thinlits Die
Pretty Accessories - Tea Lace Paper Doilies & Rhinestone Basic Jewels
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment