Saturday, November 28, 2009

Prayer Request

Earlier this week, I learned that my cousin D. has a malignant brain tumor which is inoperable.  She is currently in a local Hospice.  I would like to request prayers for her, her son, and her family.  D. is only 51 years old.  Her son K. is in college. 

This has been quite a shock for all who know & love her.  We want to spend as much time with her as we can.  Because there are so many who want to see her, a schedule is being set up for us to follow.  While that is difficult, we all want what is best for her and more than a few people in her room at a time is just too much for her. 

Last night I chose one of my cards, wrote her a letter and then today I picked up some flowers & went to see her for the first time.  I'm glad I didn't cry.  I gave her the card, told her about the letter & suggested she read it when she could and then I said "boy, this was a stupid thing you went and did."  It broke the ice and we all laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment